Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Recipe for Happiness" or just "One Fine Day"

Back in 2002 when I used to spend most of my weekends in San Francisco with a girlfriend, one of my pastimes was going for coffee and brunch with her. Once I read a short poem by SF's own Lawrence Ferlinghetti on a postcard in one of my favorite brunch places on Union St, Rose's Cafe.

I had lost it till the other day when I went there with a new friend for breakfast after years. It was the first day of 2007. It was a beautiful, sunny and pleasantly warm winter day in one of the best cities in the world. I felt happy.

"Recipe for happiness in Khabarovsk or any place

One grand boulevard with trees
with one grand cafe in sun
with strong black
coffee in very small cups

One not necessarily very beautiful
man or woman who loves you

One fine day"

No comments: